Thursday 24 April 2014

Recipe - Marzipan Easter Eggs

As far as my experiments in the kitchen are concerned, I usually stick to quick and easy to make dishes. I have made marzipans for Christmas in the past and on a last minute whim, decided to apply the same recipe to make Marzipan Easter Eggs. In my previous post, many of you commented on how yummy the Easter Eggs looked. So here I am sharing this recipe for all of you to make and enjoy.

Marzipan Easter Eggs





Tip: Since Easter is over, you can shape it any which way you like. The target is to get it into our tummies, right? :D

Marzipan Easter Eggs

Ingredients:

200 gms almonds
200 gms icing sugar
2 egg whites
1/4 cup rose water
a pinch of food colour


Method:

Blanche the almonds. To do this, you may boil it in water for a few minutes, cool, and pich between your fingers to remove the skin. Grind to a paste with rose water.



Heat a pan, add the almond paste and Icing sugar. 
Since mine was a last minute decision, I could not lay my hands on icing sugar and used powdered sugar instead. You may do that, but the taste will definitely vary. Try to use icing sugar only.


Add the egg whites and keep mixing, ensuring that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.



Do this till it forms a ball like consistency.


Here I divided the mixture into three parts. I added a tiny pich of yellow food colour in one, green in the second and liquid chocolate in the third. Halfway through, I was feeling lazy, so I mixed the green and yellow doughs to give it a marbled effect ;P


Make small balls and shape into eggs. You can either use an egg mould or shape it between two spoons, like so:



Do try this out and let me know if you liked it.



Enjoy :)