Thursday 13 March 2014

Recipe - Spicy Maggi Noodles

Maggi Noodles would have definitely been an indelible part of your childhood, if you have grown up in India.
Though I have gobbled up tons of the stuff in my childhood (well, I still do :) ) but honestly I am not a big fan of it. In fact, I just hate the smell of the tastemaker.




Why then do I still eat it? Well, I have always been a non-fussy eater who eats whatever is served at home (or friends'homes). Besides, it is a kind of survival food if your negotiating the beautiful but hostile terrains of Ladakh. Yes, I have been there, but that is fodder for another post :)


So, one fine day when we decided to make Maggi at home, I tried out this super spicy version, that I actually learnt from a friend. Well, it turns out that everyone in the family loved it and now this is the standard Maggi noodles recipe at our place.

Spicy Maggi Noodles

Ingredients:

3 packets Maggi Noodles
1 onion, finely chopped
3 green chilles, cut lengthwise
1 capsicum, cubed
1 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp dhania powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
5 cups water
2 tbspn oil

Method:
In a wok, heat the oil. Add the chopped onions and green chillies. Fry till the onions turn translucent.


Add all the masala powders and fry for 2-3 min.


Add the capsicum and fry for 2-3 min.


Add 5 cups water and bring to a boil.


Add the noodles and tastemaker and cook till done.


Serve hot with tomato ketchup.


Enjoy :)

Note:
1) You may add eggs, chicken, etc as required. I did not add any of these as we were short on time (read really hungry)
2) I also did not add any vegetables, the ones that you see in the pics, were already included in the packet.