Wednesday 1 January 2014

Ring In The New! - Blogathon Post 1

I am happy to bid adieu to 2013. Overall it has been a lacklustre year for me...more lows than highs.
The only highpoint being my kiddo's first birthday. :)

Hope 2014 has something better in store....

I begin every year with a small list of New Year Resolutions and forget all about it by 15th Jan...hihihi. I read somewhere that the best way to keep your resolutions (or any target for that matter) is by:


a) making them public
b) being specific about the goals

So today I will do both and let's see how it works. Here are my New Year Resolutions for 2014:

1) Be More Organized: In everything, right from my cupboard, to my finances to my inbox. Focus on atleast one thing everyday.
I have these phases where I will keep everything in perfect order and then a few days/weeks later
I just let it go and suddenly I am scrambling to find things.

So a few minutes everyday shall be dedicated to organzing my stuff.

2) Wake Up Early: Latest by 7 a.m. (that's the best way to achieve Point No.1, no :D)
Upto a certain point in my life I was an early riser, but now thanks to D and DD who are both night owls, I usually sleep by 2 am and wake up by 8:30 -9 am.

From this year on...no excuses... DM just wake up by 7 a.m , ok!

3) Stay Calm and Try Not To Lose Your Temper Too Often: Once in a way is OK (I'm human after all :P)
Of late I think I have been losing my temper a lot, sometimes I can be sarcastic, most often it is the silent treatment method, but whatever, I NEED to change so that I don't hurt my loved ones (as much as possible).

4) Become Financially Independent: Find a part time job or work from home option whatever, and make my millions thousands :)

5) Stay In Touch: with relatives, school and college friends, etc. Lost 2 dear ones this year. Made me realise that the people who have known me since my growing up years are suddenly not around.

Atleast 1 call a week to a friend or relative.

6) Improve My Cooking Skills: This needs my attention BIG TIME!

Master atleast one skill, technique or recipe every week...not learn but actually master it.
Yes, my skills are that limited.;)

7) Learn A New Language: I had started learning Malayalam sometime back, but gave up due to various reasons --- no one to help me with the grammar, pregnancy, baby, etc, etc.

But this year Malayalam it is going to be!!! B-)

So that's my (rather long) list of resolutions for 2014.

Do you make New Year Resolutions? Do you manage to actually keep it?
What are yours for this year? Do comment and let me know.

Here's wishing all of you and your families a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2014 from the D household! :D